RESPONDING TO COVID-19
A Special Series from NPQ
Part Three May 7, 2020 at 3:00 EST
Financial Leadership: Making Good Decisions in Unprecedented Times
To say the very least, these are challenging financial times for nonprofits. And thus, never has the practice of financial leadership been more important. In today's climate, we are making sense of new financial data on a daily basis. We are having to plan and re-plan constantly. We are challenged to communicate complex decisions, even painful ones, to staff, board, and key stakeholders. It is, in a word, stressful. It is also, like all crises, an opportunity to examine old habits and consider new ways of working.
Join us for an hour of very real talk among a panel of seasoned executives and nonprofit finance experts. What practices have they used to stabilize their own organizations? To keep staff and board informed and aligned? What are they learning that may change their approach to financial leadership going forward?
Topics we'll explore include:
- Scenario planning in a crisis context
- Making and communicating hard financial decisions to staff, board, and external stakeholders
- Using reserves and/or debt to weather the storm
- Critical relationships with banks and other parties
- New mindsets and practices that may change our work long-term
This webinar is NOT:
- An overview of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). For information about PPP, please visit the National Council of Nonprofits at www.councilofnonprofits.org.
- We will host a webinar on PPP loan management and forgiveness on May 14th. Watch your inbox!
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org